Features of the 5-12 age group solar-themed playground.
- Multi-level rocket style tower with slides, interactive panels, climbers, and connection to other activities.
- Embankment-play with a crater style hillside climber and slides,
- Space net climber that can accommodate large groups of children,
- Group spinner, and
- Six belt swings.
Features of the 2-5 age group nature-themed playground.
- Primary play structure with slides, interactive panels, and age-appropriate climbers
- Sand play area with imaginative playhouse and shade canopy,
- Balancing activities such as logs, stump steppers, and leaves.
- Two tot swings with one tandem swing.
- The Master Plan will guide future development and support funding opportunities.
- The Playground concept plan will guide final design expected to begin March 2021. The playground construction is expected to start in late Summer 2021.
For more information about the Sunset Woods Master Planning Project please contact Amalia Schwartz, Planning and Projects Manager at the Park District of Highland Park.
More project information and updates can be found on the Park District’s Project webpage.